BKOOL Review by Aaron Stites



BKool review –By Aaron Stites


I’ve used almost every trainer out there, the computrainer, Tacx, Kinetic, and cycleops and each has some great qualities. The Bkool trainer incorporates many of the same qualities in one trainer. It is Ant+ compatible so it pairs quickly and simply to any cateye, powertap, garmin or other Ant+ device. It uses an Ant+ usb driver for quick pairing to a computer. It works every time without any problems.
Key features that make it really cool (no pun intended) is that it automatically adjusts resistance to the terrain on the video that is being watched. So when the other day I raced a couple of other riders online in real time up Alpe d'huez and the trainer automatically adjusts the incline and tension to the percent grade of the road.
Trainers are hard for me to train on but I enjoy using the Bkool because with each ride I can race other cyclists online, there are unlimited courses to choose from (no charge for courses), I earn points that increase my ranking, and I can download my strava profiles and generate courses to ride indoors.   The Bkool monitors power, hr rate and cadence (with any Ant+ devices such as the Cateye), speed, incline, time, and distance. I can create any type of course for training and testing. The Bkool is a great trainer that takes boredom out of the typical trainer session.

For another full review go to DC Rainmaker

Comments